Guarded by the towering Velebit mountain range in the east and embraced by the Istria Peninsula in the northwest lie the Kvarner bay islands. Discover quiet coves of crystal clear water that surround the unforgettable landscapes of the Kvaner bay islands; green hills and rocky moon landscapes give way to small harbor towns rich with history and culture. Explore the charm of the Adriatic Sea for yourself by bike and boat on one of our wonderful motor yachts.
Each day on this bicycle tour begins with a well-rounded breakfast, leaving you fit to explore the diversity of the Kvarner bay islands with your guide. Be it the medieval city of Rab, the car-free road surrounded by blue sea on Dugi Otok or the contemplative life of the dwellers on the flower island of Molat, each day brings with it new discoveries. During the evenings, you can relax and explore winding alleyways, typical for the Mediterranean, where you can find a great range of bars and cafés, waiting for you to sit and soak in the last of the sun’s rays.
Our mountain bike cruise Kvarner Bay Standard will often run parallel to this tour on board the same ship, in which case one tour guide will be allocated per group.
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: visit the city of Rab with its famous four bell towers|
|Nature: lunarscape on the island of Rab created by the Bora wind|
|Activity: two benefits of a mud bath in Soline: healthy and great fun|
|Gastronomy: try the spicy sheep´s cheese of Pag and “pršut” the famous Croatian ham|
1st Day (Sun) Omišalj (Embarkation) – Cres
Individual arrival in Omišalj, a nice little harbor village on the island of Krk. If you’re planning to arrive by car, we will organize a safe parking space for you. Check-in on the motor yacht between 2 and 2:30 pm. At aprx. 3 pm the ship takes us to the island of Cres in about four hours. On Cres we take a walk through the Venetian old town in the evening.
2nd Day (Mon) Islands of Cres and Lošinj (aprx. 14 mi./23 km)
In the morning our ship takes us to Martinšćica. From there we cycle on the east side of the island among pine, fig and laurel trees to Osor, an artist town, where we have lunch on the ship. Afterwards there is time for a swim in the bay with its crystal clear water. In the afternoon we leave Osor on board the boat and navigate our way to the island of Lošinj. After a comfortable cruise and a refreshing swim stop the ship brings us safely into the large harbor of Mali Lošinj. The clear climate of this wellness retreat with its colorful captain’s houses and an abundance of cafes welcomes us for a relaxing evening, enabling us to unwind and recuperate.
3rd Day (Tue) Islands of Lošinj and Molat (aprx. 12 + 6 mi./20 + 10 km)
We cycle along the seaside promenade to the south of Lošinj and visit the picturesque small harbor town of Veli Lošinj before we meet the ship for lunch. In the afternoon we cross over to the island of Molat where we can do another short cycling tour. Finally we stay overnight in the quiet harbor of Molat.
4th Day (Wed) Island of Dugi Otok (aprx. 20 mi./32 km)
During breakfast the ship leaves Molat and takes us past many small islands to the “spice island” of Dugi Otok. Our bike tour starts in the bay of Božava which is surrounded by pine woods, agaves and tamarisk trees, and we ride on a road almost free of traffic. Our tour leads us at first to the northern most point of the island where the light house of Veli Rat stands proudly since 1849 fulfilling its duty in guiding sailors safely on their way. A ride along the islands “Road in the Sky” brings us to the peaceful harbor of Savar or Bribinj. There will be ample time for a swim break in the afternoon. Overnight stay in a calm bay.
5th Day (Thu) Island of Pag – Rab (aprx. 21 mi./34 km)
After a crossing in the morning we reach the island of Pag. In the harsh but delightful landscape of the island we come across many fig and olive trees. Over the centuries the inhabitants have built numerous stone walls for protection against the wind. Starting from Mandre we cycle on the narrow peninsula until we reach the sea from where the ship takes us to Rab. The island of Rab is one of the sunniest places in Europe. The town of Rab, the fortified capital of the island, was built in the Middle Ages on a wedge shaped headland and marks one of the highlights of the trip. The four famous bell towers are the symbol of the adorned beauty of the town. After dinner we can explore the narrow alleys with numerous cozy cafés.
6th Day (Fri) Island of Rab (aprx. 15 mi./25 km)
We cycle along the coast to the east side of the island, an area with virtually no vegetation, which’s rough and cliffy rocks remind us of a lunar landscape. The road leads us to a bay with a sandy beach which is rather atypical for the islands of the Kvarner Bay. At lunchtime the ship awaits us in the harbor directly in front of the old town of Rab. After a swim-break the ship takes us over to the neighboring island of Krk where we spend the evening in the historical town of Krk.
7th day (Sat) Island of Krk (aprx. 28 mi./45 km)
We cycle over the ridge of the island which is covered by fragrant macchia to a valley of vineyards and then onwards to the small museum town of Vrbnik in the northeast. The town built on a 50-meter-high cliff and surrounded by vineyards is the home of the famous white wine Žlahtina. Another peculiarity that Vrbnik has to offer is the second narrowest alley in the world. The way leads us across the island through old villages and rich vegetation to Omišalj. On our way we have a chance to swim in the bay of Soline. A cheerful evening meal on board the boat gives you time to celebrate the success of the week with fellow travellers and tour guides.
8th Day (Sun) Omišalj (Disembarkation)
After breakfast disembarkation until 9 am and individual trip home or extended stay in Croatia.
Those choosing to rent a hybrid bike will receive a reliable, low maintenance, aluminum frame bike in the suitable size. Our hybrid bikes are equipped with 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. All components are selected based on our twenty years of experience in bike tourism, insuring that they fulfill the necessary criteria to provide the rider with an uncompromised cycle experience. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 80 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Clients who wish to be supported by a tail-wind and seek to hire an e-bike will receive a high-quality pedelec, powered mainly by a Bosch motor capable of covering long distances, and characterized by their light weight and great components. Alternative drive systems may also be used. Standard components of our e-bikes in varying frame sizes include, 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. With our e-bikes you will conquer the hills with a smile, they are a true declaration of independence for all who wish to cycle and seek the support of a little push. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 160 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
– from 990 euro (comfort ship Linda)
• 8-day trip on a motorized yacht with crew
• 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
• 4 x full board and 3 x half board
• Guided cycling tours and sightseeing as described in the itinerary
• Overview-maps for the daily cycling tours (on board)
• Bed linen and towels
• English speaking tour guide
Additional optional services (on request)
• ½ a double cabin (on request)
• Surcharge for a cabin above deck: 100 euro/person
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use below deck: 400 euro (limited, on request)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 600 euro (limited, on request)
• Rental bike with Ortlieb pannier: hybrid bicycle: 80 euro/week; e-bike: 160 euro/week (limited, on request)
• Insurance against theft and damage of the rental bike: hybrid bicycle: 10 euro/week; e-bike: 20 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
• A safe parking space: motorcycle: 30 euro/week; car up to 6 m in length: 50 euro/week, vehicle longer than 6 m: 100 euro/week (on request, to be paid on-site to the tour guide)
• In case of train arrival: Collecting transfer from Rijeka train station to Omišalj: 20 euro person/way (reservation requested). Please note, that it is not possible to take your own bike in trains.
• Transfer from/to Rijeka airport (on embarkation and disembarkation days only): 15 euro person/way
• Collective transfer from/to Zagreb on day of embarkation/disembarkation only (11:30 am from Zagreb Center or 12:15 pm from Zagreb Airport / return transfer from Omišalj to Zagreb Airport starts at 8 am: 30 euro person/way and 30 euro bicycle/way (reservation required two weeks in advance, booking incl. complete transmission of flight details)
• Customized transfer (on request)
• 3-day extension module Zagreb and Plitvice Lakes (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – boat in Omišalj; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant, entry fee for Plitvice Lakes National Park; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 690 euro/single room: 790 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 730 euro/single room: 830 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 320 € off all prices mentioned)
• 2-day extension module Zagreb (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – boat in Omišalj; 1 night in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 290 euro/single room: 320 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 330 euro/single room: 390 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 60 € off all prices mentioned)
• Additional night incl. Breakfast in Omišalj (prices on request)
Not included in the tour price
• Journey to Omisalj/Krk Island
• Flat rate for bottled water, Visitor’s tax and local charges 40 euro or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
• Beverages on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
• Meals and beverages ashore
• Tips for tour guides and crew