Croatia is known for its beautiful coast with thousands of islands, reefs and bays. Numerous romantic ruins, charming hills, countless natural beauties and phenomena are just waiting to be discovered! Good cuisine, an open minded crew and knowledgeable tour guides are all expecting you on one of our most laid back tours.
We will visit two National Parks and the islands of Central Dalmatia, starting from Trogir.
The highlights include the UNESCO protected old town of Trogir, Primošten, Šibenik with its famous cathedral, Zadar, National Park Krka waterfalls and Kornati Islands. On a romantic motor yacht, our floating accommodation, we will discover the charm of the Adriatic in our own unique way.
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: the Cathedral of St. James counts as the most beautiful sacral building at the Adriatic Coast|
|Nature: the roaring waterfalls of Krka National Park|
|Activity: a walk to the cliffs in the nature park Telašćica will give you a brilliant view|
|Gastronomy: dine in typical dalmatian konoba and try traditionaly prepared fresh fish on the grill|
1st Day (Sat) Trogir (Embarkation) – Rogoznica
Individual arrival either by car to Trogir or by plane to Split. After checking in on the motor yacht between 2 and 2:30 pm at Trogir our first cruise starts at 3 pm leading us to Rogoznica – a village on a small island which is connected to the mainland by a dam. Here we also spend our first night.
2nd Day (Sun) Rogoznica – Primošten – Šibenik – Skradin (aprx. 13 mi./20 km)
In the morning we cycle from Rogoznica to Primošten. From there the boat takes us to the city of Šibenik to the spot where the Krka River flows into the Adriatic Sea. After visiting the famous cathedral and the lovely old town we set off again. On the cruise we pass the lower course of the river Krka following the river bend until we reach Skradin. In the port of the village we spend our night.
3rd Day (Mon) National Park of Krka – Šibenik – Vodice (aprx. 12 mi./20 km)
The magnificent port of Skradin is today’s starting point for our excursion by boat and on foot to the most famous part of the Krka National Park with its unique waterfalls. In the early afternoon our boat takes us to the harbor of Vodice, a well-known holiday town on the Dalmatian mainland. From here we mount the bicycles again for a round trip.
4th Day (Tue) Vodice – Island of Murter – Nature Park Telašćica (aprx. 16 mi./27 km)
In the morning we cycle from Vodice to Murter Island that is connected to the mainland by the lift bridge at Tisno. We pass the bridge and cycle along the water front, passing by two very old coastal villages, until we reach a small landing place from where the boat takes us on a cruise through the National Park Kornati, an archipelago in crystal clear water which is known for its rich aquatic realm. Our destination is the Nature Park Telašćica. In the evening a walk through the park leads us along the stunning cliffs of the island. The famous Silver Lake – known by movies of Winnetou – is also located in the Nature Park. Overnight stay on the Island of Dugi Otok.
5th Day (Wed) Island of Dugi Otok – Zadar (aprx. 16 mi./25 km)
After breakfast and a short crossing to Sali, today’s cycling tour leads us along a virtually traffic-free and panoramic road. We ride across the whole island. During the ride we’re treated to countless unforgettable vistas of the islands in the deep blue sea. We meet our ship for a crossing to Zadar, which, for centuries, was the political, cultural and spiritual centre of Dalmatia. Our tour guide takes us on an extensive walk through the lanes of the lively old centre. 3,000 years of history have left their imprint on the character of this town and there are many things to be admired: the mighty fortified walls with their bastions, the loggia but also the early Romanesque St. Donatus Basilica.
6th Day (Thu) Islands of Ugljan and Pašman – Island of Zlarin (aprx. 20 mi/33 km)
During breakfast the boat crosses to the island of Ugljan at the channel of Zadar. Today we have a lot of time to explore both of the islands Ugljan and Pašman by bicycle. They have been connected by a bridge. We cycle along the East Coast, always with beautiful views to the mainland and the ocean. Afterwards our boat cruises to the coral island of Zlarin.
7th Day (Fri) Island of Šolta (aprx. 9 mi./15 km)
In the morning our motor yacht takes us to the island of Šolta. Olive and fig trees and farmland surround the streets. The spicy smell of rosemary will follow us throughout the whole tour around the silent island until we reach the village Grohote. During mid day our last cruise takes us back to Trogir. Here we have enough time to visit the world cultural heritage old town. After dinner it is time to say good bye to crew and travel guides.
8th Day (Sat) Trogir (Disembarkation)
After breakfast disembarkation until 9 am and individual trip home or extended stay in Croatia. Would you like to see more of Croatia than Dalmatia? Then we recommend our extension program at Plitvice Lakes in combination with Zagreb (please see extended stay).
Those choosing to rent a hybrid bike will receive a reliable, low maintenance, aluminum frame bike in the suitable size. Our hybrid bikes are equipped with 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. All components are selected based on our twenty years of experience in bike tourism, insuring that they fulfill the necessary criteria to provide the rider with an uncompromised cycle experience. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 80 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Clients who wish to be supported by a tail-wind and seek to hire an e-bike will receive a high-quality pedelec, powered mainly by a Bosch motor capable of covering long distances, and characterized by their light weight and great components. Alternative drive systems may also be used. Standard components of our e-bikes in varying frame sizes include, 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. With our e-bikes you will conquer the hills with a smile, they are a true declaration of independence for all who wish to cycle and seek the support of a little push. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 160 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
Kapetan Jure (Comfort)
– from 990 euro (from 04.05. to 19.10.19)
– from 1,290 Euro (from 29.06. to 06.07.19)
– from 1,190 euro (SEASON A: from 27.04. to 18.05.2019 // from 05.10. to 12.10.2019)
– from 1,290 euro (SEASON B: from 25.05. to 28.09.2019)
• 8-day trip on a motorized yacht with crew
• 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
• 4 x full board and 3 x half board
• Guided cycling tours as described in the itinerary
• Overview-maps for the daily tours (on board)
• Entrance fees of the National Parks (group visits only)
• Bed linen and towels
• English speaking tour guide
Additional optional services (on request)
• ½ a double cabin
• Surcharge per person for a cabin above deck: 100 euro (Kapetan Jure)/150 euro (Romantica/San Snova)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use below deck: 400 euro (Kapetan Jure)/500 euro (San Snova/Romantica); (limited)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 600 euro (Kapetan Jure)/700 euro (San Snova/Romantica); (limited)
• Rental bike with Ortlieb pannier: hybrid bicycle: 80 euro/week; e-bike: 160 euro/week (limited)
• Insurance against theft and damage of the rental bike: hybrid bicycle: 10 euro/week; e-bike: 20 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
• Customized transfers between Split airport and Trogir harbour: 15 euro per person/way (day of embarkation/disembarkation only)
• A safe parking space: motorcycle: 30 euro/week; car up to 6 m in length: 50 euro/week, vehicle longer than 6 m: 100 euro/week (on request, to be paid on-site to the tour guide)
• 3-day extension module Plitvice Lakes and Zagreb (only as POST-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer boat in Trogir – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – hotel in Zagreb // hotel in Zagreb airport Zagreb ; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; entry fee Plitvice lakes National Park, guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 750 euro/single room: 850 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 790 euro/single room: 890 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 380 € off all prices mentioned)
• Additional night (B&B) near/in Trogir (prices on request)
Not included in the tour price
• Journey to Trogir
• Taxi transfer from the airport of Split to the ship in Trogir (one way ca. 20 euro)
• Flat rate for bottled water, Visitor’s tax and local charges 40 euro for adults or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
• Beverages on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
• Meals and beverages ashore
• Entrance fee for sights are not included in the tour price
• Tips for crew and tour guides