E-Bike Cruise Kvarner Bay Plus (8 Days/7 Nights, approx. 187 km )
This boat & bike cruise matches activity with comfort. Your comfortable home during this amazing week will be our proud motor yacht Anđela Lora. Carefully decorated roomy cabins, bathrooms with separate a shower, a comfortable sundeck as well as a stylish salon are all waiting to accommodate you.
Guarded by the towering Velebit mountain range in the east and embraced by the Istria Peninsula in the northwest lie the Kvarner bay islands. Discover quiet coves of crystal clear water that surround the unforgettable landscapes of the Kvaner bay islands; green hills and rocky moon landscapes give way to small harbor towns rich with history and culture. Explore the charm of the Adriatic Sea by bike and boat!
Each day begins with a well-rounded breakfast, leaving you fit to revel in the unique diversity the Kvarner bay islands offer on a guided bike tour. Be it the medieval city of Rab, the car-free road surrounded by blue sea on Dugi Otok or the contemplative life of the dwellers on the flower island of Molat, each day brings with it new discoveries.
During the evenings, you can relax and explore winding alleyways, typical for the Mediterranean, where you can find a great range of bars and cafés, waiting for you to sit and soak in the last of the sun’s rays.
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: city of Zadar with its 3000 year old history, the Ocean Organ and Greeting the Sun instalations|
|Nature: the island of Molat, known as flower island|
|Activity: a cycling tour through the almost traffic-free island Dugi Otok and the panoramic view from both sides of the island|
|Gastronomy: try the spicy sheep´s cheese of Pag and “pršut” the famous Croatian ham|
1st day (Sun) Omišalj (Embarkation) – Cres
Individual arrival in Omišalj, a nice little harbor village on the island of Krk. If you’re planning to arrive by car, we will organize a safe parking space for you. Check-in on the motor yacht between 2 and 2:30 pm. At aprx. 3 pm the ship takes us to the island of Cres in about four hours. On Cres we take a walk through the Venetian old town in the evening.
2nd day (Mon) Islands of Cres and Lošinj (aprx. 14 mi./23 km by bicycle)
In the morning our ship takes us to Martinšćica. From there we cycle on the east side of the island among pine, fig and laurel trees to Osor, an artist town, where we have lunch on the ship. There is time for a swim in the bay with its crystal clear water. In the afternoon we leave Osor on board the boat and navigate our way to the island of Lošinj. After a comfortable cruise and a refreshing swim stop the ship brings us safely into the large harbor of Mali Lošinj. The clear climate of this wellness retreat with its colorful captain’s houses and an abundance of cafes welcomes us for a relaxing evening, enabling us to unwind and recuperate.
3rd day (Tue) Islands of Lošinj and Molat (aprx. 12 + 6 mi./20 + 10 km by bicycle)
We cycle along the seaside promenade to the south of Lošinj and visit the picturesque small harbor town of Veli Lošinj before we meet the ship for lunch. In the afternoon we cross over to the island of Molat where we can do another short cycling tour. Finally we stay overnight in a quiet harbor of Molat Island.
4th day (Wed) Island of Dugi Otok (aprx. 26 mi./42 km by bicycle) – Zadar
During breakfast the ship leaves Molat and takes us past many small islands to the “spice island” of Dugi Otok. Our bike tour starts in the bay of Božava which is surrounded by pine woods, agaves and tamarisk trees. We ride on a road almost free of traffic. Our ride along the islands “Road in the Sky” takes us to Sali, where the boat awaits us for a sail to Zadar, which, for centuries, was the political, cultural and spiritual centre of Dalmatia. 3000 years of history have left their imprint on the character of this town and there are many things to be admired: the mighty fortified walls with their bastions, the loggia but also the early Romanesque St. Donatus Basilica. In the evening our tour guide takes us on an extensive walk through the lively city centre.
5th day (Thu) Island of Pag – Rab (aprx. 12 mi./20 km by bicycle)
After a long crossing in the morning we reach the island of Pag. In the harsh but delightful landscape of the island we come across many fig and olive trees. Over the centuries the inhabitants have built numerous stone walls for protection against the wind. Starting from Novalja we cycle on the narrow peninsula until we reach the sea from where the ship takes us to Rab. The island of Rab is one of the sunniest places in Europe. The town of Rab, the fortified capital of the island, was built in the Middle Ages on a wedge shaped headland and marks one of the highlights of the trip. The four famous bell towers are the symbol of the adorned beauty of the town. After dinner we can explore the narrow alleys with numerous cosy cafés.
6th day (Fri) Island of Rab (aprx. 13mi./22 km by bicycle)
Get to know the charming island of Rab on a lovely ride around the island. At lunchtime the ship awaits us in the harbor directly in front of the old town of Rab. We cruise to Jablanac near the picturesque Zavratnica fjord. Later on the ship takes us over to the neighboring island of Krk where we spend the evening in the historical town of Krk.
7th day (Sat) Island of Krk, (aprx. 28 mi./45 km by bicycle)
We cycle over the ridge of the island which is covered by fragrant macchia to a valley of vineyards and then onwards to the small museum town of Vrbnik in the northeast. The town built on a 50-meter-high cliff and surrounded by vineyards is the home of the famous white wine Zlahtina. Another peculiarity that Vrbnik has to offer is the second narrowest alley in the world. The way leads us across the island through old villages and rich vegetation to Omišalj. On our way we have a chance to swim in the bay of Soline. A cheerful evening meal on board the boat gives you time to celebrate the success of the week with fellow travellers and tour guides.
8th day (Sun) Omišalj (Disembarkation)
After breakfast disembarkation until 9 am and individual trip home or extended stay in Croatia.
Those choosing to rent a hybrid bike will receive a reliable, low maintenance, aluminum frame bike in the suitable size. Our hybrid bikes are equipped with 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. All components are selected based on our twenty years of experience in bike tourism, insuring that they fulfill the necessary criteria to provide the rider with an uncompromised cycle experience. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 80 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Clients who wish to be supported by a tail-wind and seek to hire an e-bike will receive a high-quality pedelec, powered mainly by a Bosch motor capable of covering long distances, and characterized by their light weight and great components. Alternative drive systems may also be used. Standard components of our e-bikes in varying frame sizes include, 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. With our e-bikes you will conquer the hills with a smile, they are a true declaration of independence for all who wish to cycle and seek the support of a little push. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 160 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
Season A: 14.04. – 19.05.2019 & 06.10. – 20.10.2019
– from 1.290 euro (deluxe boat Andela Lora)
Season B: 19.05. – 06.10.2019
– from 1.390 euro (deluxe boat Andela Lora)
– 8-day trip on a motorized yacht with crew
– 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
– 4 x full board and 3 x half board
– Guided cycling tours as described in the itinerary
– Overview-maps for the daily tours (on board)
– Plus-tour specials
– English speaking tour guide
Additional optional services (on request)
– ½ a double cabin (on request)
– Surcharge for a cabin above deck: 150 euro/person
– Surcharge for a double cabin for single use below deck: 500 euro (limited, on request)
– Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 700 euro (limited, on request)
– Rental bike with Ortlieb pannier: e-bike: 160 euro/week; hybrid bicycle: 80 euro/week
– Insurance against theft and damage of the rental bike: e-bike: 20 euro/week; hybrid bicycle: 10 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
– A Safe parking space: Motor cycle: 30 euro/week, car until 6 m of length: 50 euro/week, vehicle above 6 m of length: 100 euro/week (to be paid on-site to the tour guide)
– In case of train arrival: Collecting transfer from Rijeka train station to Omišalj: 20 euro person/way (reservation requested) Please note, that it is not possible to take your own bike in trains.
– Transfer from/to Rijeka airport (on embarkation and disembarkation days only): 15 euro person/way
– Collective transfer from/to Zagreb on day of embarkation/disembarkation only (11:30 am from Zagreb Center or 12:15 pm from Zagreb Airport / return transfer from Omišalj to Zagreb Airport starts at 8 am: 30 euro person/way and 30 euro bicycle/way (reservation required two weeks in advance, booking incl. complete transmission of flight details)
– Customized transfer (on request)
– 3-day extension module Zagreb and Plitvice Lakes (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – boat in Omišalj; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant, entry fee for Plitvice Lakes National Park; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 690 euro or in a single room: 790 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 730 euro or in a single room: 830 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 320 € off all prices mentioned)
– 2-day extension module Zagreb (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – boat in Omišalj; 1 night in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 290 euro or in a single room: 320 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 330 euro or in a single room: 390 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 60 € off all prices mentioned)
– Additional night incl. Breakfast in Omišalj (prices on request)
Not included in the tour price
– Journey to Omišalj /Krk Island
– Flat rate for bottled water, Visitor’s tax and local charges 40 euro or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
– Beverages on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
– Meals and beverages ashore
– Tips for tour guides and crew