MTB Cruise Kvarner Bay Special (8 Days/7 Nights, approx. 230 km, 4000 hm)
As an exceptional holiday, in which a thoroughbred biker can find what they are looking for, our MTB special cruise Kvarner bay is perfectly suited for mountain bikers!
Take a week on board one of our charming boats and sail to the most beautiful islands of the Kvanrer bay. The islands Cres, Lošinj, Rab and Krk are known for their own special character and diverse sceneries – that definitely guarantees trails that are rich in variety. From flow trails to technically challenging trails, the islands offer something special for every biker.
This tour is offered exclusively as a mountain bike tour, optimised for the athletic requirements of a mountain biker. Every tour is guided by two MTB guides, who will give their best effort to provide tours at varying levels of difficulty. The tours vary according to altitude, kilometers and difficulty of the trails.
Level A: approx. 143 mi./230 km, 13,123 ft/4,700 m of elevation by MTB, S1 – S3
Level B: approx. 121 mi./195 km, 12,631 ft/3,850 m of elevation by MTB, S1 – S2, rarely S3
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: old town of Rab with its famous four bell towers|
|Nature: lunarscape around Baška on the island of Krk|
|Activity: trail paradise around Rabac in Istria|
|Gastronomy: lamb and white wine Žlahtina from the island of Krk|
1st Day (Sun) Omišalj (Embarkation) – Krk (Level A & B: aprx. 8 mi./13 km, 655 ft./200 m of elevation)
Individual arrival to Omišalj on the island of Krk. Embarkation takes place from 1 to 1:30 pm. At 2 pm we have our first bike set up tour around Omišalj to Nijvice. Here you get a first impression of the wild beauty of northern Krk. In Nijvice the bikes are loaded on the boat, where we can relax and enjoy the crossover to the island’s capital Krk, which has a decidedly lovely old town where we have the possibility to participate in a guided city tour in the evening.
2nd Day (Mon) Krk – Baška – Rab (Level A: aprx. 20 mi./31 km, aprx. 2,300 ft./700 m of elevation; Level B: aprx. 18 mi./28 km, aprx. 2,300 ft./700 m of elevation)
In the morning we bike from Krk town to Baška. The landscape around Baška matches that of the moon, created by the steadily blowing north wind; Bura. Today’s tours are characterized by unique panoramic trails on demanding terrain. After an adrenalin filled tour towards Baška the boat takes us further on to the Island of Rab, city Rab which again has a lovely old town where we can unwind with a guided walk in the evening.
3rd Day (Tue) Rab – Ilovik (Level A: aprx. 23 mi./37 km, aprx. 2,295 ft/700 m of elevation; Level B: aprx. 20 mi./33 km, aprx. 1,805 ft/550 m of elevation)
The island of Rab is a small but very bold island, with a lot of variety to offer, especially for mountain bikers. The tours run along narrow promenades and flowing Roman paths, meander through the Dundo forest and offer stunning views over the sea and the town of Rab. Technically experienced bikers can test their skills on stony trails. In the afternoon the ship takes us to the small island, Ilovik. If the weather permits the ship anchors for a swim stop.
4th Day (Wed) Ilovik – Mali Lošinj (Level A: aprx. 19 mi./30 km, aprx. 1,968 ft/600 m of elevation; Level B: aprx. 16 mi./25 km, aprx. 1,310 ft/400 m of elevation)
During breakfast the ship takes us to the picturesque harbour of Mali Lošinj. The island is made for mountain biking. We bike through pine forests past palm trees and agaves, which fringe the promenade that winds around half of the island and connects the island’s greatest beaches. Thrill seekers can put their skills to the test on technical trails to Veli Lošinj. Today the former capital of the island has been outgrown by its rival Mali Lošinj and has a very picturesque harbor. In the island capital, Mali Lošinj, we can end a great days biking with a sundowner in the evening.
5th Day (Thu) Lošinj – Cres (Level A: aprx. 31 mi./50 km, aprx. 2,460 ft/750 m of elevation; Level B: aprx. 22 mi./35 km, aprx. 1,804 ft/550 m of elevation)
In the morning we embark on a cruise to Osor, the former capital of the islands Cres and Lošinj. From here we rumble along natural paths and narrow goat trails including flowy passages through Mediterranean woods. If you want to take it easy you’re more than welcome to take the ship to the village, Martinšćica. From there we start our descent into the small town of Podol and pass alongside the Vrana Lake, the drinking water reservoir of the islands Cres and Lošinj. We continue on wide off-road paths with beautiful views of Valun bay to the ship which awaits us in the city of Cres. It is here that we will spend the night.
6th Day (Fri) Cres – Rabac (Level A & B: aprx. 12 mi./20 km, aprx. 1640 ft/500 m of elevation)
In the morning the ship brings us to the Rabac on the Istrian Peninsula. This tourist hot spot is characterized by its beautifully clear blue water and its many beaches as well as the long seaside promenade with an array of cafes and bars. Today’s tour starts with a transfer to 300 m above sea level. A combination of asphalt and gravel roads as well as a selection of simple trails lead us up an initial climb through pine forests before descending back down to the sea. A technically challenging trail along the coastline casts splendid views on the town of Rabac. Back at the boat we are able to cool down at the beach and enjoy a swim in the clear Adriatic.
7th Day (Sat) Rabac – Malinska – Omišalj (Level A: aprx. 25 mi./40 km, aprx. 2,132 ft/650 m of elevation; Level B: aprx. 22 mi./35 km, 1,804 ft/550 m of elevation)
During breakfast we crossover to the island of Krk. Today we start our last bike tour from Malinska across natural paths and side roads to Dobrinj. You will be rewarded with stunning views of the northern part of the island of Krk. On a clear day you can look back to Učka. Passing one of the many caves of the island, we bike on a narrow path along the coast back to the ship in Omišalj, where we have enough time to walk through the town, go for a swim or relax on board before the trip ends with a cozy get-together.
8th Day (Sun) Omišalj (Disembakation)
You are asked to check out after breakfast, i. e. around 9 am. On request we can organise a collective group transfer to Zagreb or Rijeka. Individual trip home or extend your holidays in Croatia.
Full Suspension Mountain Bikes
For our mountain bike tours we use only high-quality full suspension rental bikes, with components perfectly suited to the Mediterranean terrain and the technical demands associated with it. In order to conserve energy levels on longer ascends and to maximize stoke on trail descents our lightweight fullys mainly host 27.5 inch rims, 140 – 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano or SRAM gear and break systems as well as a dropper post. These high-quality Fullsuspension MTBs are rented for 180 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Those who wish to climb effortlessly and save their strength for the downhill portion of the ride are well catered for with our e-MTB rentals. Our reliable 27.5 inch e-MTBs with wide and robust tires are the ultimate shredding machines. A strong Bosch drive train with extended range, 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano gear and brake systems as well as a dropper post make the e-MTB the trail lover’s best friend on our MTB tours in the Mediterranean. These high-quality e-mountain bikes are rented for 240 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
Season A: 31.03. – 07.04.2019
– from 1,190 euro (deluxe boat Andela Lora)
Season B: 28.04. – 12.05.2019 & 20.10. – 06.10.2019
– from 1,290 euro (deluxe boat Andela Lora)
Saison C: 26.05. – 29.09.2019
– from 1,390 euro (deluxe boat Andela Lora)
• 8-day trip on a motorized yacht with crew
• 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
• 4 x full board and 3 x half board
• Guided bike tours and sightseeing as described in the itinerary
• Overview-maps for the daily bike tours (on board)
• Bed linen and towels
• English speaking tour guide
Additional optional accomplishments
• ½ a double cabin (on request)
• Surcharge for a cabin above deck: 150 euro/person
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use below deck: 500 euro (limited, on request)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 700 euro (limited, on request)
• Rental bike: Full suspension MTB (fully): 180 euro/week; full suspension e-MTB (E-fully): 240 euro/week (limited, on request)
• Insurance against theft and damage of the rental bike: fully 20 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
• A Safe parking space: Motor cycle: 30 euro/week, car until 6 m of length: 50 euro/week, vehicle above 6 m of length: 100 euro/week (to be paid on-site to the tour guide)
• In case of train arrival: Collecting transfer from Rijeka train station to Omišalj: 20 euro person/way (reservation requested) Please note, that it is not possible to take your own bike in trains)
• Transfer from/to Rijeka airport (on embarkation and disembarkation days only): 15 euro person/way
• Collective transfer from/to Zagreb on day of embarkation/disembarkation only (11:30 am from Zagreb Center or 12:15 pm from Zagreb Airport / return transfer from Omišalj to Zagreb Airport starts at 8 am: 30 euro person/way and 30 euro bicycle/way (reservation required two weeks in advance, booking incl. complete transmission of flight details)
• Customized transfer (on request)
• 3-day extension module Zagreb and Plitvice Lakes (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – boat in Omišalj; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant, entry fee for Plitvice Lakes National Park; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 690 euro/single room: 790 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 830 euro/single room: 730 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 320 € off all prices mentioned)
• 2-day extension module Zagreb (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – boat in Omišalj; 1 night in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 290 euro/single room: 320 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 330 euro/single room: 390 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 60 € off all prices mentioned)
• Additional night incl. breakfast in Omišalj (prices on request)
Not included in the tour price
• Journey to Omisalj/Krk Island
• Flat rate for bottled water, Visitor’s tax and local charges 40 euro or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
• Beverages on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
• Meals and beverages ashore
• Tips for tour guides and crew