Experience the waterfalls of the National Park Krka, join the unforgettable cruise through the Kornati Islands and spend a week on a charming motor boat on the National Parks of Croatia Tour! Countless natural beauties and phenomena are waiting to be experienced, all the while living history wants to be discovered within Šibenik and Zadar.
Venture into the heart of the National Parks landscapes on this off-road adventure; explore the virgin beauty of Croatia’s protected scenic landscapes as you bike along mostly wide panoramic trails in the greenest regions of Dalmatia. This tour is a great way to get accustomed to cycling off-road, with a reasonable number of kilometres and meters of elevation – however, it’s not too technically challenging. The hilly landscape with partly challenging slopes requires does good physical condition, though. The islands, as well as the mainland, vary greatly and offer a wide variety of trail terrain: both wide natural paths and small side roads will be included in this tour.
This MTB tour takes place parallel to our trekking bike cruise National Parks of Dalmatia on the same boat – one tour guide takes care of the mountain bikers and the other one accompanies our trekking riders. If you have a partner or a friend who might prefer cycling to biking, don’t hesitate to bring him/her with you. That way, you can have a vacation together and indulge in your favorite hobbies during the daytime.
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: Zadar with its 3000 year old history, the ocean organ and greeting to the sun art instalations|
|Nature: cruise through the Kornati National Park|
|Activity: take a bath under Krka waterfalls|
|Gastronomy: dine in typical dalmatian konoba and try traditionaly prepared fresh fish on the grill|
1st Day (Sat) Trogir (Embarkation) – Rogoznica
Individual arrival either by car to Trogir or by plane to Split. Embarkation takes place between 2 and 2:30 pm. First crossing starts at 3 pm leading us to Rogoznica – a village on a small island which is connected to the mainland by a dam. Here we spend our first night.
2nd Day (Sun) Rogoznica – Primošten – Šibenik – Skradin (aprx. 15 mi./24 km; 1,150 ft./ 350 m of elevation)
In the morning we bike with a little inland detour from Rogoznica to Primošten. The marvelous view onto the cosy islands will charm you. From there the boat takes us to the city of Šibenik to the spot where the Krka River flows into the Adriatic Sea. After visiting the famous cathedral and the lovely old town we set off again. On the cruise we pass the lower course of the river Krka following the river bend until we reach Skradin. In the port of the village we spend our night.
3rd Day (Mon) National Park of Krka – Skradin – Vodice (aprx. 12.5 mi./20 km, 820 ft./250 m of elevation)
The magnificent port of Skradin is today’s starting point for our excursion by boat and on foot to the most famous part of the Krka National Park with its unique waterfalls. In the early afternoon the boat brings us to Vodice, a well known holiday destination on the mainland. From here we ride along a variation of tracks in a round tour through the Dalmatian hinterland. Overnight stay in Vodice.
4th Day (Tue) Vodice – Island of Murter – Nature Park Telašćica (aprx. 19 mi./30 km, 985 ft./300 m of elevation)
In the morning we bike from Vodice to Murter Island that is connected to the mainland by the lift bridge at Tisno. We pass the bridge and cycle along the water front, passing by two very old coastal villages, until we reach a small landing place from where the boat takes us on a cruise through the National Park Kornati, an archipelago in crystal clear water which is known for its rich aquatic realm. Our destination is the Nature Park Telašćica. In the evening a walk through the park leads us along the stunning cliffs of the island. The famous Silver Lake – known by movies of Winnetou – is also located in the Nature Park. Overnight stay on the Island of Dugi Otok.
5th Day (Wed) Island of Dugi Otok – Zadar (aprx. 19 mi./30 km, 1,475 ft./450 m of elevation)
After breakfast we take a short crossing to Sali. Today’s bike ride leads us across the long island. During the ride we’re treated to countless unforgettable vistas of the islands in the deep blue sea. We meet our ship for a crossing to Zadar, which, for centuries, was the political, cultural and spiritual centre of Dalmatia. Our tour guide takes us on an extensive walk through the lanes of the lively old centre. 3,000 years of history have left their imprint on the character of this town and there are many things to be admired: the mighty fortified walls with their bastions, the loggia but also the early Romanesque St. Donatus Basilica.
6th Day (Thu) Islands of Ugljan and Pašman – Island of Zlarin (aprx. 22 mi./35 km, 820 ft./250 m of elevation)
During breakfast the boat crosses to the island of Ugljan at the channel of Zadar. Today we have a lot of time to explore both of the islands Ugljan and Pašman by bike, which are connected by a bridge. We bike with beautiful views to the mainland and the ocean. Afterwards our boat cruises to the coral island of Zlarin.
7th Day (Fri) Island of Šolta- Trogir (aprx. 12.5 mi./20 km, 1,150 ft./350 m of elevation)
In the morning our motor yacht takes us to the island of Šolta. Walled fields, numerous olive groves, locust bean and fig trees line nature paths. Notes of rosemary accompany us along our tour through this island. We load the bikes onto the ship in Maslinica and enjoy our last crossing back to Trogir, where we have enough time to visit the World Heritage listed old town, before our cozy farewell evening on board the boat.
8th Day (Sat) Trogir (Disembarkation)
The guests are asked to check out after breakfast, i. e. around 9 am. Individual trip home or extend your holidays in Croatia.
Full Suspension Mountain Bikes
For our mountain bike tours we use only high-quality full suspension rental bikes, with components perfectly suited to the Mediterranean terrain and the technical demands associated with it. In order to conserve energy levels on longer ascends and to maximize stoke on trail descents our lightweight fullys mainly host 27.5 inch rims, 140 – 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano or SRAM gear and break systems as well as a dropper post. These high-quality Fullsuspension MTBs are rented for 180 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Those who wish to climb effortlessly and save their strength for the downhill portion of the ride are well catered for with our e-MTB rentals. Our reliable 27.5 inch e-MTBs with wide and robust tires are the ultimate shredding machines. A strong Bosch drive train with extended range, 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano gear and brake systems as well as a dropper post make the e-MTB the trail lover’s best friend on our MTB tours in the Mediterranean. These high-quality e-mountain bikes are rented for 240 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
Kapetan Jure (Comfort)
– from 990 euro (from 04.05. to 24.08.19)
– from 1,290 Euro (from 29.06. to 06.07.19)
– from 1,190 euro (SEASON A: from 27.04. to 18.05.2019 // from 05.10. to 12.10.2019)
– from 1,290 euro (SEASON B: from 08.06. to 14.09.2019)
• 8-day-trip on a motor yacht with a crew
• 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
• 4 x full board and 3 x half board
• Bed linen and towels
• Guided bike rides as described in itinerary
• Overview-maps for the daily tours (on board)
• Entrance fees of the National Parks (group visits only)
• English-speaking tour guide
Additional optional services (on request)
• ½ a double cabin
• Surcharge per person for a cabin above deck: 100 euro (Kapetan Jure)/150 euro (Romantica/San Snova)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use below deck: 400 euro (Kapetan Jure)/500 euro (San Snova/Romantica) (limited)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 600 euro (Kapetan Jure)/700 euro (San Snova/Romantica) (limited)
• Rental bike: Full suspension MTB (fully): 180 euro/week; full suspension e-MTB (E-fully): 240 euro/week (limited)
• Insurance against theft and damage of the rental bike: fully 20 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
• A safe parking space: motorcycle: 30 euro/week; car up to 6 m in length: 50 euro/week, vehicle longer than 6 m: 100 euro/week (to be paid on-site to the tour guide)
• Customized transfers between Split airport and Trogir harbour: 15 euro per person/way (day of embarkation/disembarkation only)
• 3-day extension module Plitvice Lakes and Zagreb (only as POST-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer boat in Trogir – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – hotel in Zagreb // hotel in Zagreb airport Zagreb ; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; entry fee Plitvice lakes National Park, guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 750 euro/single room: 850 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 790 euro/single room: 890 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 380 € off all prices mentioned)
• Additional night (B&B) near/in Trogir (prices on request)
Not included in the basic tour price
• Journey to Trogir
• Taxi transfer from the airport of Split to the ship in Trogir (one way ca. 20 euro) or public transport on main road in front of the airport
• Water flat rate, Visitor’s tax and local charges 40 euro for adults or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
• Drinks on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
• Meals ashore
• Please bring a beach towel, if needed
• Entrance fee to attractions (individual visits)
• Tips for crew and tour guides