Our cycle-tours in Southern Dalmatia (which is the smallest and most sparsely populated region of Croatia) will take us past unique little towns and beautiful island countrysides. These tours will let us experience the incredible island of Korčula with its picturesquely situated old township and the wonderful lavender island of Hvar. Enjoy a stroll around Hvar town with its mighty fortress and take in the calmness and charm of the artist’s town Stari Grad. Our tour guide explains us the histories of Trogir, Hvar, Stari Grad and Korčula, which are almost all protected under UNESCO‘s World Heritage list. This tour is occasionally offered parallel to the mountain bike cruise in Southern Dalmatia on the same boat, in which case one tour guide will cycle with the mountain bikers while the other will accompany the hybrid cyclists.
Alongside some of our other Southern Dalmatia tours, we are also offering our Southern Dalmatia PLUS tour with our deluxe ship Princeza Diana, or our first class boat Melody. On this tour E-bike and hybrid bike tours are conducted parallel – the itinerary is almost identical. Therefore, the Princeza Diana or the Melody would be the perfect alternative if the desired tour date on our standard South Dalmatia trip from / to Trogir is already fully booked, or if you are looking for a tour on an even more luxurious ship.
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: the Palace of Diocletian in Split is an excellently preserved relict from ancient Roman times and is, even nowadys, partly inhabited.|
|Nature: the wide lavender fields of Hvar are the special experience, in particular in the months of May and June.|
|Activity: a rafting tour on the Cetina River guarantees fun for young and old|
|Gastronomy: Soparnik- swiss chard pie speciality of dalmatian region Poljica|
1st Day (Sat) Trogir (Embarkation) – Island Šolta
Individual arrival by car to Trogir or by plane to Split airport, which is about 3mi./ 5 km away from the harbor of Trogir. After check in on the motor yacht between 2 and 2:30 pm the first cruise starts about 3 pm from Trogir to Šolta Island. Overnight stay in the sedate harbour of Stomorska.
2nd Day (Sun) Islands of Solta and Hvar (aprx. 12.5 mi./20 km + 12.5 mi./20 km)
On Šolta we commence in the morning our first tour. Walled fields, numerous olive groves, locust bean and fig trees line the roads. The herbal scent of rosemary accompanies us along our tour across the island. After cycling around the island we return to our ship in Stomorska and cross over to the lovely natural harbour of Stari Grad. Our afternoon cycling tour on the Island of Hvar leads us through the quaint harbours of Jelsa and Vrboska. Afterwards we return to Stari Grad for our overnight stay.
3rd Day (Mon) Islands Hvar and Korčula (aprx. 14 mi./22 km)
Today’s tour leads us along the almost traffic free pass road through nicely set small villages to the islands capital, Hvar, where we visit the magnificent Renaissance Square and enjoy the view from the Spanish Fortress, situated high above the city. After today’s tour the boat takes us to the Island of Korčula. Overnight stay in Vela Luka.
4th Day (Tue) Island Korčula (aprx. 37.5 mi./60 km)
Today we discover the island of Korčula by bicycle and enjoy our lunch break in one of the local restaurants. The calmness and remoteness of the vast vegetation and cypress gardens have given the shape to the probably most beautiful Dalmatian island. Our cycle tour leads us via the village of Blato, like Rome build on seven hills, along a pass road across Pupnat bay and finally to Korčula town, where we have time to take a walk through the wonderful old town with its narrow “fishbone like” alleys. We stay overnight in Korčula town.
5th Day (Wed) Island Brač (aprx. 17 mi./27 km)
Today we cruise to the island of Brac, which is famous for its radiant marble that was, among others, used for the White House in Washington or the Reichstag building in Berlin. After an extended swim break followed by lunch, we start our cycling trip in Sumartin, leading us to Selca and on to the picturesque harbour town Pučišća.
6th Day (Thu) Omiš – Split (aprx. 16 or 27 mi./25 or 44 km)
After a morning crossing to Omiš we cycle through the valley of the Cetina River which is surrounded by steep rocks. After 11 mi./18 km we have the choice to take part on a four hours rafting tour on the Cetina River (not included in the tour price) and afterwards a small cycle tour of about 5 mi./8 km back to the boat – or to expand the cycling tour (no rafting) to 27 mi./44 km along small side roads and versatile landscapes until reaching Omiš and its pirate castles. In the afternoon our ship takes us to Split. The old town of Split, built adjoining the famous palace of the Roman Caesar Diocletian, is a world heritage site. Overnight stay in Split.
7th Day (Fri) Split – Trogir (aprx. 9 mi./15 km)
In the morning we prepare for our last bike ride to Mount Marjan. A popular recreational site for the residents of Split, which offers fantastic views of the city and the surrounding islands. Afterwards we board the ship and enjoy the last crossing to Trogir. There is still plenty of time to visit the Old Town, listed as a World Cultural Heritage site. The last evening aboard our ship is celebrated in traditional fashion. While enjoying the communal dinner in a celebrative atmosphere we will have the chance for a last get-together with our crew and tour guides.
8th day (Sat) Trogir (Disembarkation)
After breakfast disembarkation until 9 am and individual trip home or extended stay in Dalmatia/Croatia. Would you like to see more of Croatia than Dalmatia? Then we recommend our extension program at Plitvice Lakes in combination with Zagreb (please see extended stay).
Those choosing to rent a hybrid bike will receive a reliable, low maintenance, aluminum frame bike in the suitable size. Our hybrid bikes are equipped with 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. All components are selected based on our twenty years of experience in bike tourism, insuring that they fulfill the necessary criteria to provide the rider with an uncompromised cycle experience. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 80 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Clients who wish to be supported by a tail-wind and seek to hire an e-bike will receive a high-quality pedelec, powered mainly by a Bosch motor capable of covering long distances, and characterized by their light weight and great components. Alternative drive systems may also be used. Standard components of our e-bikes in varying frame sizes include, 28 inch hollow chamber rims with puncture-proof touring tires, high-quality derailleur gears and break systems, a carrier and a sturdy bike stand, touring saddle as well as mudguards and a pannier rack. With our e-bikes you will conquer the hills with a smile, they are a true declaration of independence for all who wish to cycle and seek the support of a little push. These high-quality hybrid bikes are rented for 160 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
Kapetan Jure (Comfort)
–from 990 euro (from 27.04. to 26.10.19)
San Snova (Premium)
– from 1.190 Euro (SEASON A: from 20.04. to 11.05.19 // from 05.10.19)
– from 1.290 Euro (SEASON B: from 25.05. to 28.09.19)
– from 1.190 Euro (SEASON A: from 20.04. to 11.05.2019 // from 12.10. to 19.10.2019)
– from 1.290 Euro (SEASON B: from 18.05. to 05.10.2019)
• 8-day-trip on a motor yacht with a crew
• 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
• 4 x full board and 3 x half board
• Bed linen and towels
• Guided cycling tours as described in itinerary
• Daily Maps of the single cycling trips
• English-speaking tour guide
Additional optional services (on request)
• ½ a double cabin
• Surcharge per person for a cabin above deck: 100 euro (comfort boat Kapetan Jure)/150 euro (premium boats Romantica/San Snova)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use below deck: 400 euro (comfort boat Kapetan Jure)/500 euro (premium boats San Snova/Romantica)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 600 euro (comfort boat Kapetan Jure)/700 euro (premium boats San Snova/Romantica)
• Rental bike with Ortlieb pannier: hybrid bicycle: 80 euro/week or E-Bike: 160 euro/week (limited, on request)
• Insurance against theft and damage of the hybrid bicycle: 10 euro/week or of the E-Bike: 20 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
• A safe parking space: motorcycle: 30 euro/week; car up to 6 m in length: 50 euro/week, vehicle longer than 6 m: 100 euro/week (on request, to be paid on-site to the tour guide)
• Customized transfers between Split airport and Trogir harbour: 15 euro per person/way (day of embarkation/disembarkation only)
• 3-day extension module Plitvice Lakes and Zagreb (only as POST-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer boat in Trogir – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – hotel in Zagreb // hotel in Zagreb airport Zagreb ; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; entry fee Plitvice lakes National Park, guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 750 euro/single room: 850 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 790 euro/single room: 890 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 380 € off all prices mentioned)
• Additional night (B&B) near/in Trogir: prices on request
Not included in the basic tour price
• Journey to Trogir
• Taxi transfer Split airport – ship in Trogir (one way ca. 20 euro)
• Water flat rate & Visitor’s tax and local charges: 40 euro/adult or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
• Drinks on board (tally sheet)
• Meals and drinks ashore
• Please bring a beach towel, if needed
• Entrance fee to attractions (individual visits)
• Tips for crew and tour guides