A bikers wildest dreams – from exciting trails to tranquil swim stops – are fulfilled by the combination of mountain bike and boat in South Dalmatia. A charming motor yacht with comfortable cabins and a selection of traditional cuisine is your floating home for the week – from now on, packing your bags and worrying about finding your next ferry connection are a thing of the past! We will explore the islands on our mountain bikes, about which the tour guides can tell plenty of interesting stories – which just so happens to be the best way of getting to know the country and its people. Honey and wine tastings along the way will give you insight to the everyday life of the islands’ inhabitants.
Mountain bike and trekking tours often operate parallel to each other in South Dalmatia, with one guide per group. This gives groups the flexibility to be together on board the same cruise whilst enjoying their preferred activity during the day.
If you’d like to put more emphasis on sport, then consider our Southern Dalmatia MTB Special – made exclusively for mountain bikers with tours at varying levels of difficulty; it just might be exactly what you’re after.
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: a tour through Korčula town, which competes with Venice for the honour of being the birthplace of the famous explorer Marco Polo|
|Nature: the vast lavender fields of Hvar in the months of June and July|
|Activity: a rafting tour on the Cetina River is guaranteed fun for young and old|
|Gastronomy: Klašuni, Cukarini, Amareti..traditional sweets from Korčula|
1st Day (Sat) Trogir (Embarkation) – Šolta Island
Individual arrival by car to Trogir or by plane to Split airport, which is about 3 mi./5 km away from the harbour of Trogir. After check in on the motor yacht between 2 and 2:30 pm, the first short cruise starts at 3 pm from Trogir to the island of Šolta. Overnight stay in the sedate harbour of Stomorska.
2nd Day (Sun) Islands of Šolta and Hvar (aprx. 10 mi./16 km, aprx. 990 ft./300 m of elevation + aprx. 18 mi./29 km, aprx. 1,350 ft./400 m of elevation)
In the morning we set out on our first bike tour From Stomorska on the island of Šolta. Walled fields, numerous olive groves, locust bean and fig trees line nature paths. The herbal scent of rosemary accompanies us along our tour across the island. After biking the island we return to our ship in Stomorska and cross over to the lovely natural harbour of Stari Grad. In the afternoon we bike through small villages and take a short trail to idyllic harbour of Jelsa, which invites for an extended ice cream break. On our way back we will pass the picturesque village Vrboska with its ancient stone bridges and through the ancient Greek vineyards, which are a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site. Afterwards we return to Stari Grad, which has become a Mecca for artists and art lovers in the past few years.
3rd Day (Mon) Islands Hvar and Korčula (aprx. 16 mi./25 km, aprx. 2,000 ft./600 m of elevation)
Our tour brings us on natural paths with amazing views from Stari Grad to Hvar town, where we visit the magnificent Renaissance Square and enjoy the view from the Spanish Fortress, situated high above the city. After today’s tour the boat takes us Vela Luka on Korčula island, where we will stay overnight.
4th Day (Tue) Island Korčula (aprx. 41 mi./65 km, aprx. 2,000 ft./600 m of elevation)
After a rounded breakfast we start today’s full-day bike tour, which leads us along exceptional paved and unpaved scenic routes from Vela Luka following the coastline all the way to the island’s capital city, Korčula Town. Here you have plenty of time in the afternoon and evening to roam the beautiful old town with its fishbone-like alleys. Overnight stay in Korčula Town.
5th Day (Wed) Island Brač (aprx. 18 mi./29 km, aprx. 2,000 ft./600 m of elevation)
The ship takes us to Sumartin on the Island of Brač, which is well known for its white marble and used among other things for the White House in Washington and the Reichstag building in Berlin. On varying paths we bike across wine and sage sown fields overlooking the famous quarries. On the final descent to Pučišća we will be rewarded with fantastic views of Cetina-Canyon on the mainland. Overnight stay in Pučišća.
6th Day (Thu) Cetina Canyon (aprx. 28 mi./45 km, aprx. 2,600 ft./800 m of elevation)
In the morning crossover to Omiš. After 11.5 mi./18 km biking on a paved road you have the choice to take part on either a four hours rafting tour on the Cetina River (not included in the tour price) followed by a small bike tour of about 4.5 mi./7 km to take you back to the boat – or you can expand the bike tour along along the impressive Cetina valley through versatile landscapes until reaching Omiš and its pirate castles. In the afternoon we set over to Split, where we are invited on a guided walk through the old town of Split, built in the remanence of the famous palace of the Roman Caesar Diocletian. Overnight stay in Split.
7th Day (Fri) Split Marjan (aprx. 8 mi./13 km, aprx. 820 ft./250 m of elevation)
We spend today’s morning in Split. On a whim we can either stroll through the alleys of Split or rock the trails of the Marijan; the local mountain of Split. The last crossing takes us past the cliffs of the Čiovo peninsula. We will have plenty of time to enjoy the World Heritage town of Trogir and its many streets and cafes. The last evening aboard our ship is celebrated in traditional fashion. While enjoying the communal dinner in a celebrative atmosphere we will have the chance for a last get-together with our crew and tour guides.
8th Day (Sat) Trogir (Disembarkation)
After breakfast disembarkation until 9 am and individual trip home or extended stay in Dalmatia/Croatia. Would you like to see more of Croatia than Dalmatia? Then we recommend our extension program at Plitvice Lakes in combination with Zagreb (please see extended stay).
Full Suspension Mountain Bikes
For our mountain bike tours we use only high-quality full suspension rental bikes, with components perfectly suited to the Mediterranean terrain and the technical demands associated with it. In order to conserve energy levels on longer ascends and to maximize stoke on trail descents our lightweight fullys mainly host 27.5 inch rims, 140 – 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano or SRAM gear and break systems as well as a dropper post. These high-quality Fullsuspension MTBs are rented for 180 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Those who wish to climb effortlessly and save their strength for the downhill portion of the ride are well catered for with our e-MTB rentals. Our reliable 27.5 inch e-MTBs with wide and robust tires are the ultimate shredding machines. A strong Bosch drive train with extended range, 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano gear and brake systems as well as a dropper post make the e-MTB the trail lover’s best friend on our MTB tours in the Mediterranean. These high-quality e-mountain bikes are rented for 240 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
San Snova (Premium)
– from 1.190 Euro (SEASON A: from 30.03. to 11.05.19 // from 05.10. to 02.11.19)
– from 1.290 Euro (SEASON B: from 11.05. to 05.10.19)
• 8-day trip on a motorized yacht with crew
• 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
• 4 x full board and 3 x half board (option to have a picnic for lunch)
• Guided bike tours and sightseeing as described in the itinerary
• Overview-maps for the daily bike tours (on board)
• Bed linen and towels
• English speaking tour guide
Additional optional services (on request)
• ½ a double cabin
• Surcharge for a cabin above deck: 150 euro/person
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 500 euro (limited)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 700 euro (limited)
• Rental bike: Full suspension MTB (fully): 180 euro/week; full suspension e-MTB (E-fully): 240 euro/week (limited)
• Insurance against theft and damage of the rental bike: fully 20 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
• A safe parking space: motorcycle: 30 euro/week; car up to 6 m in length: 50 euro/week, vehicle longer than 6 m: 100 euro/week (to be paid on-site to the tour guide)
• Customized transfers between Split airport and Trogir harbour: 15 euro per person/way (day of embarkation/disembarkation only)
• 3-day extension module Plitvice Lakes and Zagreb (only as POST-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer boat in Trogir – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – hotel in Zagreb // hotel in Zagreb airport Zagreb ; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; entry fee Plitvice lakes National Park, guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 750 euro/single room: 850 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 790 euro/single room: 890 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 380 € off all prices mentioned)
• Additional night (B&B) near/in Trogir (prices on request)
Not included in the tour price
• Journey to Trogir
• Taxi transfer from the airport of Split to the ship in Trogir (one way ca. 20 euro)
• Flat rate for bottled water, Visitor’s tax and local charges 40 euro for adults or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
• Beverages on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
• Meals and beverages ashore
• Entrance fee for sights are not included in the tour price
• Cetina river rafting (to be paid on site)
• Tips for crew and tour guides