MTB Cruise Kvarner Bay Standard (8 Days/7 Nights, approx. 225 km, 4000 hm)
Spend a week on a charming motor sailor and travel to the islands of Cres, Molat, Dugi Otok, Pag, Rab and Krk, with your guide by your side accompanying you to the hidden corners of the region. The islands’ terrain varies greatly; you can find everything from wide natural paths, small side roads, Roman roads, great promenades and narrow paths which run across the islands. Keep in mind that the hilly to mountainous landscape with partly challenging slopes requires good physical condition to be able to experience all of the wonders it has to offer.
This MTB tour takes place alongside our trekking bike cruise in the Kvarner bay on the same boat. One tour guide takes care of the mountain bikers and the other guide accompanies our trekking riders. If you have a partner or a friend who prefers cycling to biking, don’t hesitate to bring him/her with you – you can have a vacation together and indulge in your favourite hobbies during the daytime.
If you prefer technically challenging trails or would like to bike more kilometers daily, our Kvarner Bay MTB Special tour with varying difficulty levels, made exclusively for mountain bikers, would be the right choice for you.
For more and updated info visit www.islandhopping.com
|Culture: a guided walk through the Old Town of Rab|
|Nature: the Dundo forest of Rab|
|Activity: mud bath in Soline- healthy and fun|
|Gastronomy: aromatic sheep’s cheese from the island of Pag|
1st Day (Sun) Omišalj (Embarkation) – Cres
Individual arrival in Omišalj, a picturesque fishing harbour on the island of Krk. Embarkation takes place between 2 and 2:30 pm. Our 4 hour crossing to Cres starts at 3 pm. Meanwhile we can sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful views of Rijeka and the looming Ucka Mountain. We spend the evening in the Venetian influenced town of Cres.
2nd Day (Mon) Islands of Cres and Lošinj (aprx. 15 mi./25 km, aprx. 1,150 ft./350 m of elevation)
During breakfast the boat takes us to Martinšćica. From here we bike mostly offroad on beautiful forrest trails, ancient Roman paths and varied single tracks to Osor. Today the small artist’s town, Osor looks back on a rich history as a cultural and political center of the islands of Cres and Lošinj. The subsequent crossing by boat ends with an impressive entrance into the deeply incised Augustus Bay and the picturesque harbor of Mali Lošinj.
3rd Day (Tu) Islands of Lošinj and Molat (aprx. 12.5 mi/ca. 20 km, 1,640 ft./500 m of elevation; Molat: aprx. 6 mi./10 km, 656 ft./200 m of elevation)
A short bike tour in the morning leads us along the coast of the island of Lošinj from one bay to the next. Our destination is the beautiful harbour of Veli Lošinj with its numerous fishing boats and dominated by the huge church of St. Anthony. After a coffee break we bike on a single trail back to the ship where we have lunch. In the afternoon we cross over to the small island of Molat. Although this small island does not offer any mountain bike routes it is enchanting with its species-rich vegetation and unique calmness.
4th Day (Wed) Island Dugi Otok (aprx. 12 – 19 mi./20 – 30 km, 984 – 1,640 ft./300 – 500 Hm)
During breakfast the ship brings us to the island Dugi Otok, where we explore the northern, elongated part of the narrow island by bike. The scenic road opens to magnificent views of bays, islands and the mainland frequently. Many spots offer a view of the sea on both sides of the island. Our ship can be seen navigating to the next harbor where it awaits our arrival in Savar or Brbinj. On arrival we can cool off with a refreshing dip in the sea.
5th Day (Thu) Island of Pag (bike route aprx. 26 mi./42 km, 2,132 ft./650 m of elevation, S1)
After a morning crossing we reach the island of Pag. Today’s bike tour takes us past stone walls and a sheep’s pastures to Novalja. After a short coffee break we continue to the northernmost part of the island Pag. The rugged, karstic island, which is covered with herbs, offers the ideal basis for the famous spicy cheese of Pag. Also well-known are the olives from the ancient olive groves of Lun, through which we descend just before the end of the tour. The short crossover to Rab offers one of the most marvelous view of the medieval city walls of the city of Rab. After landing we can explore the numerous alleys on a leisurely walk through the lovely old town, which emerges out of a wedge-shaped peninsula.
6th Day (Fr) Island of Rab (aprx. 22 mi./35 km, 2,460 ft./750 m of elevation)
Rab is small island, but excellent for mountain biking. It offers plenty of opportunities and differing bike terrain. Today’s tour takes us along narrow promenades and flowing Roman roads, winding through the Dundo-forest and offering great views of the sea and the town of Rab. After the bike tour the ship takes us on a two and a half hour crossing to the historic island capital of Krk, which invites for a stroll in the evening.
7th Day (Sat) Krk Island (aprx. 31 mi./50 km, aprx. 2,300 ft./700 m of elevation)
Our last bike tour leads us across the so called “golden island” of Krk. The famous Zlahtin grape vines thrive here, grown mainly around the town of Vrbnik. We bike past expansive vineyards, olive groves and long stone walls. After a coffee break we follow the wide coastal paths back to the muddy bay, Soline. The final stretch takes us along narrow paths and through peaceful villages to Omišalj, where we can enjoy the end of our trip with a cozy evening on board.
8th Day (Sun) Omišalj (Disembarkation)
The guests are asked to check out after breakfast, i. e. around 9 am. Individual trip home or extend your holidays in Croatia.
Full Suspension Mountain Bikes
For our mountain bike tours we use only high-quality full suspension rental bikes, with components perfectly suited to the Mediterranean terrain and the technical demands associated with it. In order to conserve energy levels on longer ascends and to maximize stoke on trail descents our lightweight fullys mainly host 27.5 inch rims, 140 – 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano or SRAM gear and break systems as well as a dropper post. These high-quality Fullsuspension MTBs are rented for 180 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Those who wish to climb effortlessly and save their strength for the downhill portion of the ride are well catered for with our e-MTB rentals. Our reliable 27.5 inch e-MTBs with wide and robust tires are the ultimate shredding machines. A strong Bosch drive train with extended range, 150 mm travel, Fox shocks and suspension, Shimano gear and brake systems as well as a dropper post make the e-MTB the trail lover’s best friend on our MTB tours in the Mediterranean. These high-quality e-mountain bikes are rented for 240 euro per week. Unfortunately there is no possibility to reserve one particular bike-brand in advance.
Basic tour price per person (in a double cabin below deck)
– from 990 euro (comfort boat Linda)
• 8-day-trip on a motor yacht with crew
• 7 nights in a double cabin below deck with shower/toilet
• 4 x full board and 3 x half board
• guided bike rides and sightseeing as described in itinerary
• Overview-maps for the daily tours on board
• Bed linen and towels
• English-speaking tour guide
Additional optional services (on request)
• ½ a double cabin (on request)
• Surcharge for a cabin above deck: 100 euro/person
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use below deck: 400 euro (limited, on request)
• Surcharge for a double cabin for single use above deck: 600 euro (limited, on request)
• Rental bike: Full suspension MTB (fully): 180 euro/week; full suspension e-MTB (E-fully): 240 euro/week (limited, on request)
• Insurance against theft and damage of the rental bike: fully 20 euro/week (not insured: grossly negligent damages)
• A safe parking space: motorcycle: 30 euro/week; car up to 6 m in length: 50 euro/week, vehicle longer than 6 m: 100 euro/week (on request, to be paid on-site to the tourguide)
• In case of train arrival: Collecting transfer from Rijeka train station to Omišalj: 20 euro person/way (reservation requested) Please note, that it is not possible to take your own bike in trains.
• Transfer from/to Rijeka airport (on embarkation and disembarkation day day): 15 euro person/way
• Collective transfer from/to Zagreb on day of embarkation/disembarkation only (11:30 am from Zagreb Center or 12:15 pm from Zagreb Airport / return transfer from Omišalj to Zagreb Airport starts at 8 am: 30 euro person/way and 30 euro bike/way (reservation required two weeks in advance, booking incl. complete transmission of flight details)
• Customized transfer (on request)
• 3-day extension module Zagreb and Plitvice Lakes (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – Plitvice Lakes // Plitvice Lakes – boat in Omišalj; 2 nights in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant, entry fee for Plitvice Lakes National Park; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 690 euro/single room: 790 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 730 euro/single room: 830 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 320 € off all prices mentioned)
• 2-day extension module Zagreb (only as PRE-Islandhopping tour bookable) incl. transfer airport – hotel // hotel – boat in Omišalj; 1 night in a 3 or 4 star hotel; guided sightseeing tour in Zagreb (entry fees for sights not included), dinner in a local restaurant; price per person: 3 star hotel in a double room: 290 euro/single room: 320 euro; 4 star hotel in a double room: 330 euro/single room: 390 euro (People driving independently, without the need of a transfer, receive a discount of 60 € off all prices mentioned)
• Additional night incl. breakfast in Omišalj (prices on request)
Not included in the tour price
• Journey to Omisalj / Krk Island
• Water flat rate, Visitor’s tax and local charges 40 euro/adult or 20 euro for children up to age 16 (to be paid to the captain)
• Drinks on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
• Meals and drinks ashore
• Please bring a beach towel, if needed
• Service charge: 2% of the total invoice value. This service charge is excluded for payments via IBAN bank transfers.
• Tips for tour guides and crew